Monday, October 27, 2008

THE BIG TEST

Well, tonight is the night. The Titans are undefeated this season, first time in franchise history going 6-0. First time in Nashville for Monday night football since 2004 and after the very exciting game on Sunday from London, this should be a very watched football game in the nation as well as the world. Not enough??? So are the Titans for real? I am a very big Titans fan and would love to see the Titans continue their win streak but, I can't help but think that a loss would be a better test than a victory.

I can't believe I just said that.

Think about it. The Titans have been on a high that could use a little shacking up and frankly, I'd much rather have the loss now as opposed to in the playoffs. Unless you believe the Titans can go undefeated, what would be a better time? OKAY, OKAY,.......Maybe tonight isn't the best time but my point is the same. If our team does get their first loss, how are they going to answer? So many things have changed in just one season. The league is proving this year that any team could beat any team. If you ask analysts right now who they think will be in the Super Bowl, they will pick teams with losses. Can you believe that after the way the Cowboys have played folks are still saying they are going to the Super Bowl? With a victory tonight do you think opinion will change about the Titans being an "all the way" team? Remember, the Colts have struggled. We will still be in the same place we are now. Having said this, I would like to apologize to all the Titans fans I know and don't know. I will be cheering them all the way. We need a good test, tonight is going to be just that. A victory will almost assure our place in the division, a loss will do almost no damage except give us a chance to see how our 2009 World Champion hopefuls can answer to adversity and criticism.

On a side note, Chris Johnson is my last player on my Fantasy team left to play. With a good night and us stopping Rhodes, I will have my sixth straight win, defeat the last undefeated team in my league and take the lead in the power ranks.

GO TITANS CODE BLUE!!!!

0 comments: